What is storm water?
Storm water is water that flows down streets and into nearby streams and creeks. Storm water is not the same as sewer water, which is water from effluent or toilets and sinks. Storm water picks up pollutants along the way.
How can you prevent storm water pollution?
- Don’t dump waste in storm drains.
- Keep yard clippings out of the street.
- Dispose of household chemicals properly (follow the directions on the package or call
your local public works department for proper disposal guidelines).
- Clean up oil spills and fix leaking automobiles.
- Sweep driveways clean – do not hose them down.
- Project Submittal Form
- Recycle Madera (recyclemadera.com)
- Storm Water Resource Plan
- Updated SWRP Project List 2022